Indian Coast Guard Syllabus 2016
The Indian Coast Guard has released the Syllabus for the exam. Candidates who have applied for the exam can visit the Official Website to download the Syllabus. Candidates will get an Idea about the Exam pattern and the Questions that may ask for the exam.
Indian Coast Guard
Indian Coast Guard works in coordination with Indian navy, customs department, Department of fishes and also with state and central police services. Indian Coast Guard is marine security department of Indian country. Indian Coast Guard require responsible candidates to works as Navik in Indian Coast Guard.
- Preliminary Examination.
- Final Selection process.
Preliminary Selection Process
Mental Ability Test, Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
Final Selection process
Psychologist test, Personality test, PABT(Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) and Medical Examination.
Preliminary Examination Syllabus
Mental Ability Test(MAT)
- General Awareness.
- Basic Physics.
- Basic Chemistry.
- Current Affairs (National and International).
- Budget and Five Year Plans.
- Major Financial and Economic News.
- Awards and Honors.
- Books and Authors.
- Important Days.
- Famous personalities.
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries.
- International and National Organizations.
- Questions on Number Series.
- Alphabet Series questions.
- Test of Direction Sense.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Number Ranking.
- Blood Relations.
- The problem on Age Calculation.
- Decision Making etc.
- Mirror Images.
- NonVerbal Series.
- Grouping Identical Figures.
- Cubes and Dice.
- Embedded Figures etc.
Picture Perception and Discussion Test
This shall include questions like showing a picture for 30 seconds and identifying the picture and then writing a story for 4 minutes on the same picture as per your perception for it. This shall be followed by a Group Discussion, which will be done on the stories written by each candidate for the picture perception.
Final Selection Process Syllabus
- Thematic Apperception Test- Here PPT of 30 seconds is given to you, and they will ask to write a story with in duration of 4 minutes.
- Word Association Test-Officials will give 60 words and you have to form a meaningful sentence.
- Situation Reaction Test-In this session you have to write your reactions to given situations.
- Self Description-Under this exam, the candidates, will have to describe their self through a passage.